Excerpted from the diary of Mr. Paul Hobbes ( Archivist )

October 8 / 1935 .

It is obvious that I must be having nightmares , otherwise I am afraid that I am in the verge of insanity .

It’s been happening since I came in possession of those manuscripts ( which contained archaic languages and symbols ) which I found hard to cognise.

I fear that It must have opened a gateway to something sinister.

I can’t get much sleep nowadays .Every time when I close my eyes I keep getting these lurid visions of something blasphemous, a cosmic devil,  that one would fear in every aspects and continues to haunts me in my dreams.

Countless times I found myself walking along the strand with other people ( who wielded symbols what resembles to the shapes and drawings that I found in those manuscripts , which I assume were messages to their Deity ), who gathered there frantically , awaiting for something to answer their invocations .There might be so much significance attached to those orison, for it resonated in the waves under the crescent moonlit sky , generating an evil vibe that is potent enough to unleash what that lies dormant and waiting to be called forth from the grave of ocean depths.

I could hear them chanting the name ……a familiar syllable that I remember once hearing it from a fellow English man .

At that moment a great length of inconceivable terror starts to buildup in me.An ominous feeling of something is about to happen.

And before i could muster the strength to face the horror. It happens… as if like the very ocean is coming to life by taking a form, it rises from the depths of the sea, 

An entity that adorns the true meaning for the word monstrosity. The one they calls by the name The OLD ONE

I am afraid that I am now being a part of it…part of them .

Destined to join forces with the horror .

I wish that I was saved….saved from this nightmare.

Note - It is said that these were last words written before he found missing.The confiscated material was said have recovered from a bureau that covered with mysterious slime like substance which intrigued the police investigators.

This painting is an exaggerated artistic rendition of what Mr.Paul must have experienced in the given account.

Stay scared ;)

For licensing my works

mail me sansentertainmentart@gmail.com

© Sanskarans

SANS Entertainment 2021